Why Our Pub is Great
The Old Ash Dene is a family pub. A real ale pub. A pub you can come into for coffee. A Sunday lunch kind of pub. And a pub that’s got all the drinks you need for a night out with friends. We’re that pub you can always rely on for a good pint, a friendly face at the bar, and a belting burger! Whether you’re soaking up the sun on the patio or sitting and relaxing inside, you’ll have a really nice time with us.
So, drinks! What’ll it be? You’ll be spoilt for choice when you see what’s on offer at the bar. We do all your classic everyday pub drinks: cask ale, draught beer, cider, spirits, and world wines. If you’re in the mood for something more exciting, we can mix up a classic cocktail or get the prosecco out. Just want a soft drink? Choose from juices, spritzes, and much more.
If you’re eating out in Ashington and want somewhere that does food for everyone, get yourselves over to The Old Ash Dene! You can’t beat us for choice. Whether you’re in the mood for a big feast or a light bite, you’ll find just the thing on our menu. We do a brilliant blend of traditional and modern pub legends. You could have fish and chips one day and a big Brooklyn burger with pastrami, cheese, and American mustard the next. And there’s always something tasty cooking in the pizza kitchen.
And if you just fancy a snack, check out the scrummy light bites, super salads, butties, and grilled cheese sandwiches on the menu. Fancy some classic comfort food? A fish finger sandwich made with soft white bloomer bread will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside!
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
We want to ensure you have the best experience possible when you visit our pub, that’s why we make sure all of our food is up to scratch, delicious and how it should be. We’re continually innovating to bring you the best new tastes and dishes, but don’t worry we aim to strike the perfect balance between traditional and new food and ensure your pub favourites are always available and tasting great.
It’s critical to us that everything that goes into our food is produced and sourced ethically, whilst also being socially and environmentally sustainable. We’re continuing to refine and make changes to our ingredients to bring you the best we can.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
We Would Love To Get Your Feedback.
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.